Saturday, December 23, 2006

The Good Shepherd

Yesterday the director asked me “Why don’t we put 'the' before CIA” and I said “Do you put 'the' before GOD?”.

Well if he had known some English he would have answered better, these words are intended to be proper nouns and so it would be incorrect to put ‘the’ before them. The Israeli intelligence is also called Mossad and not “The Mossad” . I think I should start calling my friends as “The Vikas”, “The Saurabh”, "The Srikant” and so on….

This is all there is to the review of the movie that we suffered through yesterday. Some didn’t because they preferred their dreams to this worthless story. There was a lot of important sounding music in the most unimportant scenes and dramatization beyond belief. The movie was so cryptic as to give the feeling that the director was trying to keep secrets even from the audience, and infact keep them he did!

I would have preferred to see a movie actually about a “Good Shepherd” roaming around the steppes with his herd!

2 comments:

Shahrzad said...

hi there,

lol...Aren't you living in US? Why their English is so bad then? LOL...
Nice to meet you.

Shahrzad

Unknown said...

thanks for leaving the comment....yep I am in the US..