Friday, April 20, 2012

Spiritual Snack !

I want to introduce some spiritual wisdom into my blog regularly from now onwards. Today's is a story,

Tears were flowing out of the eyes of Bhishmadeva when he was lying stretched on his bed of arrows waiting for death. Seeing this Arjuna remarked to the Lord Sri Krishna, "How strange ! Our grandfather who is ever truthful, whose passions are under control, who is full of divine knowledge and is himself one of the eight Vasus - he too is found shedding tears under the influence of Maya (delusion) !"

To this Sri Krishna responded, "Why don't you enquire of him why he cries". On Arjuna asking him, Bhishmadeva responds, "O Krishna, you know very well that I am not weeping due to attachment for my body. The thought that I cannot least comprehend the nature of Thy Leela (sport), is what makes me weep. The Lord, by repeating whose holy names men surmount great dangers, has Himself been acting as the charioteer of the Pandavas and befriending them, and yet there is no end to their trials and tribulations !"

No comments: